headset volume too low...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by coinbox, Aug 28, 2005.

1. coinbox

coinbox Private E-2

Hi. If i plugged the headset directly into the sound card, the volume is really low, i can barely hear anything. It sounds ok if the headset goes through my speakers which are plugged into the sound card. I've tried 2 other pairs of head/earphones and they're the same. Help.

2. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Most likely problem is that the audio out is not amplified. It could be that you're using line-out instead of speaker/headphones. Try different jacks on the sound card and see if you get sound from them. Typically, there is mic in, line in, and speaker out, but if you have more than 3 jacks you're likely to have line-out as well. The only difference between a line-out and a speaker out is that speaker out is supposed to be amplified so non-powered speakers and headphones can use them.

If you're using the only jack that is output, then you're out of luck.

3. sleepygamer213

sleepygamer213 First Sergeant

Well.... I had the same problem... If your playing games, then u have to use the in game volume adjustment... thats what fixed mine.

4. coinbox

coinbox Private E-2

Grrr.... Seems like i'm out of luck. Well, i can just plug my headset into my speakers and it's loud enough. The problem is that i can't use my headset's mic. Thanks anyway.

5. Shang

Shang Private E-2

hmm if your headset has a mic built in does it split into a plug for the audio and a plug for the mic or is it both built into one?

if its built into one you cant use that on a computer i dont think (its more for console controllers like an xbox live headset or ps2.

6. keepbreeze

keepbreeze Private E-2

Well actually you can use it on a computer you just need to buy the jack that splits one plug in for the mic and headphone jacks.
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...a=X&ei=TURKUqDZIIPU9QTh1oGQCA&ved=0CDAQ9QEwAA
    That for instance is like it.

7. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds