OE not sending emails

Discussion in 'Software' started by BillyGoat, Jan 30, 2007.

1. BillyGoat

BillyGoat Private E-2

I have not been able to send email using OE from my home location. It works just fine at work. I am able to receive emails using OE but when I send it gives me this message:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Eric DMSI Mail', Server: 'mail.detect-measure.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Also, this is only when using my dsl connection at home, if I dialup then sending emails works fine. Again, sending emails from the work broadband works fine as well.

Here is my setup: Win XP SP2, dsl router, d-link router, OE 6.0, Zone Alarm, & AVG Anti-Virus with firewall turned off.

OE won't send regardless of how I have the dsl connected, wireless through the d-link, hard wired to d-link, or hard wired to the dsl router. None of these configurations helped.

Your assistance please? Thanks in advance.

2. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

Perhaps your home ISP is not letting you relay outgoing mail through another server. Looks like the one you specified in the error msg is work-related. You may have to set OE's outgoing mail setting to your home ISP's mailserver, when connecting from home, specifying your home ISP's user account and password to authenticate the transmission. Or it may be as simple as your home ISP blocking all such traffic on port 25. I have overcome this by having my outgoing mail server listen on a non-standard port-- possibly an option for you, but would have to be implemented company wide.

Odd that it works on the dial-up, however. I assume the dial-up is the same as the DSL provider.

3. BillyGoat

BillyGoat Private E-2

Thank you very much, I'll look in to those two things and see what happens.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds