Hi!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by insectoid, Aug 4, 2008.

1. insectoid

insectoid Private E-2

Hi! My name isn't insectoid, but that's what you're all going to call me!

I have been a member of Compsci.ca (another computer website dedicated to computer science) for about half a year now. I took a class in programming as well as computer engineering and finished top of the course. I enjoy making computer games (I've done Pacman, Pong, breakout, tic-tac-toe, and others) as well as sort of useful programs like databases. I am fluent in Turing but hope to break its chains and expand into java and python, then perhaps HTML and PHP.

This site helped me out via the malware removal guide, removing hundreds of items, which therefore makes this a great site, and made me decide to become a member.

Sorry compsci, my posts are now split between you and the new guy. You will have to share.

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Well, chop chop...get to work and start helping out! :-D

Welcome to major geeks. Yeah, that Malware guide is the best, isn't it? :)

3. insectoid

insectoid Private E-2

It would be the best, though it didn't solve the problem. I had to use the system restore, because it just kept on getting worse, to the point where the command dialog started flashing (rapidly opening/closing) in the top right corner of the screen.

stupid gayass malware writers.

4. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

We would have solved the problems if you finished all of the instructions. ;) Namely this part:

5. insectoid

insectoid Private E-2

I would have done that part, except my mom booted me off the computer before I could. So instead of learning all the cool things this could have taught me, she just went and did system restore, which solved (most of) the problems. The only issue now is that our desktop turned blue (broken link in the directory caused by moving the picture/something else)

6. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Welcome to MajorGeeks, insectoid.

It sounds as though the computer was restored to a point where it was still infected. To eliminate the problems completely, I would follow chaslang's instructions... then you can teach Mom something new! ;)

dr.m :major

7. insectoid

insectoid Private E-2

Oh, of course it's stil infected, the Malware just isn't doing anything that prevents me from doing anything. If my parents say that's okay, it's there own problem.

The picture thing was actually because I moved the picture to my external hard drive and after I used system restorre, the setting for the display pic reverted to the path in C:/, where the picture there. I have since fixed that (simple problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds