Is it possible to steam videos from ubuntu to xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Grimmer, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Grimmer

Grimmer Corporal

Hello there- I recentley switched Os's from Win7 to Ubuntu. One of the programs I used most was serviio and windows media center extender to stream all my vids to my xbox. I installed Serviio on Ubuntu but cannot find a way to access the Gui to manage my video libraries. Is there a Gui for Serviio on Ubuntu, if so how do I access it? Or is there an easier way/program I can use to stream my vidoes from Ubuntu onto my xbox 360. >Thanks in advance your help is much appreciated.

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

3. Hedon James

Hedon James Sergeant

I stream movies to my set top boxes using Serviio 1.3x on Ubuntu 12.04. Inasmuch as you're coming from Windows, it appears the difference may be that Serviio on Linux is atually 2 programs, the server itself and the GUI console you're asking about.

This should help:
    http://serviio.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5

Start at the beginning to ENSURE you have everything you need installed and setup correctly. Once set up, you can forget it. Serviio is very stable on Linux...IMO, it's the best all-around software for streaming. Good choice!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds