Network Issues Following Clean Install

Discussion in 'Software' started by elgranmachete, Oct 18, 2014.

1. elgranmachete

elgranmachete Private E-2

Hi,

A few days ago I was told instructed by one of your admins to wipe my drive and re-install my OS. I have done this many times before and I have never had issues until yesterday when I tried it on my 5 year computer. Everything installed fine, except that I cannot connect to the internet. It is obvious that I am missing the necessary drivers but I have downloaded EVERY network/communications driver that is listed on the dell support page that comes up when I input my service tag (I no longer have the Recovery CD for the drivers). I have also installed the chipset drivers.
    According to the device manager, I am missing the drivers for my Ethernet Controller, Network Controller and PCI Simple Communications Controller.

Here are some specs:
    Inspiron 14R (N4010, Early 2010) running Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    CV2KW: Module, Card, Network, BLTH365, Consumer Notebook, Dell Americas Organization
    HWMJF: Module, Card, Network, DW1501, Consumer Notebook, United States
    What else do you need?
    What am I missing????
    Any guidance would be helpful,

2. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

In control panel- device manager- are the network cards showing up and are they highlighted as having a conflict or problem?

3. elgranmachete

On the device manager, the network controller, the ethernet controller, and the PCI Simple Communications controller are all highlighted as having issues. All of them seem to be missing the drivers.

4. elgranmachete

Figured it out:

It turns out the drivers provided by Dell were either defective or not the correct ones. I looked up the Hardware IDs for the hardware missing drivers and found the correct drivers online. Once I got internet access, installing the rest of the drivers was done automatically by the driver wizard.

5. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds