Cannot keep auto updates in auto

Discussion in 'Software' started by Richs66, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Richs66

Richs66 Private E-2

Hi, new guy here, it only took me 20 minutes to get to this page, so you can see what your dealing with.

Problem started with exception processing message 75b6bf9c everytime i started the puter.

Allso noticed i can"t get any updates from microsoft, no matter what i have it in......manual or auto.

In fact i cant keep it in auto for more that 30 seconds, always goes back to disabled.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks, Rich

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Rich

What version of windows are you using, including service pack level?

Can you boot into Safe Mode (F8 at boot) without this message appearing?

What would the full error message be? and if its mentioning a disk exception, then do you have any removable drives plugged in?

Potential issue coudl also be malware, so scan your PC for any signs of malware.

3. Richs66

Richs66 Private E-2

Halo, thanks for the quick reply.........im running Windows XP as for the service pack it was 3, i deleted that to get rid of this prompt i was getting 75bb6f9c. I don"t get that anymore when starting the puter. But heres what i can"t do.

#1. Cannot get updates.......its always goes back to "Disable", no matter how many times i put in in Auto.

#2. Can"t get nothing in manual either...........all i get back is checking computer for updates, then i get the screen saying it can"t update because its in Disable, then it tells me how to put in auto...........yeah, same stuff over & over

#3. Cant seem to go to a eairler Restore Point.............Computer just says Cannot restore to this date.

I ran a virus scan...........i have Mc Afee and that thing always shows no visurs ever, im starting to wonder about that LOL

This puter is only 4 yrs old, so im thinking to try to save all my junk, and do a recovery on it..................somehow i can see me really screwing this up.

If you boys have anymore tips, send them, i"ll try them all.

Thanks, Rich

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds