Can't get rid of Avira

Discussion in 'Software' started by seair, Sep 1, 2009.

1. seair

seair Private E-2

Hi all.
    For a long time, I've been trying to get rid of Avira. Any suggestions?
    I've tried cc cleaner and I've tried deleting files as administrator and still can't get rid of it. I just tried running avira removal tool. Not what I thought it was. And I'm thinking it's inteferring with my mlb.com. I should also note I'm running vista on a dell laptop xps M1210. My antivirus is panda cloud. I've been trying for like 2 years to get rid of it. Please help.
    I've come back for help again because now when I check my antivirus programs it's saying that avira is turned on. As well as Panda. And it won't allow me to turn it off. But avira would never be listed as on before.
    Thanks.
    I

2. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

3. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Why did you not link to the developer's site for the App Remover?
    http://www.appremover.com/
    I try and get all my apps as close to the source as possible. The one exception, I download from MajorGeeks because I trust them to test everything before it is offered.
    It does look interesting.
    Source: http://www.ghacks.net/2009/04/29/antivirus-software-uninstaller-appremover/

It would sure beat carrying 10 different cleanup tools when I go to install new security software and want to be sure every trace of the old product is gone.

5. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

:p <pant..pant..> I happened to see the link I posted when pausing for a breather, while on a malware info hunt! :neener

Tru Dat!

6. tym

tym Corporal

I ran across the same problem. What I did was put a free search program on my computer "everything". Went to files and folders made sure show hidden files and folders was checked. Leave the Hide windows protected files alone.

Opened "everything" then went on a search. Got rid of everything I found. Ran Reg Cleaner, Made sure the start up entry was removed in windows, And that did it for me. Hope that helps.

7. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

8. plodr

hrlow2, I'm confused; but hey that's my normal state! What does Panda's Cloud AV have to do with getting rid of Avira or AppRemover?

9. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

to plodr

Re-read the very first post in this thread.
    Is the AV that seair is using.
    Now does it fit?

10. plodr

Ah, thanks...I glazed right over the trying to get rid of Panda for two years! My mind was fixated on Avira.
    I almost wish I had a need to remove some stubborn av program so I could try that APP Remover. It looks promising...I wonder if it can deliver?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds