SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC got removed

Discussion in 'Software' started by jmurray, Sep 16, 2008.

1. jmurray

jmurray Private E-2

I, too, deleted my audio by accident on my Gateway notebook MP6954. I've tried per above instructions to restore, but nothing is there. I've got the Everest report, but don't see Advanced in the Reply box to follow those steps and get more help! Probably goes without saying that I don't have the original disk with me, or I would have already fixed this. Thanks.

2. jmurray

jmurray Private E-2

Re: My SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC got removed

Ah, got it. Here is the uploaded report.

Attached Files:

3. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Re: My SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC got removed

It looks like your chipset is OK, but install the driver to be sure:
    D00456-001-001.exe - Gateway Intel Chipset Driver Revision: 6V 7.2.2.1006
    Then install your audio driver:
    D00502-002-001.exe - Audio Driver Version: 5.10.4889.0

Do a full shutdown after installing the sound, then restart.
    Check your sound.
    If it is still missing, uninstall your audio again, through Add/Remove Programs.
    Then install the MS UAA Bus driver (KB888111):
    HD_Audio/kb888111xpsp2.exe
    Restart and then install your audio again.
    Shutdown again and restart, you should have sound.

4. jmurray

jmurray Private E-2

When I load the chip diver, I get this message: ''Cannot copy file: cannot read from source file or disk" then if I continue it acts like it downloaded it and is finished.
    Tried to load the audio driver anyway, and apparently I had already done so when I went to Gateway to find driver. Turned off and on.
    Still no sound.
    Tried your alternate plan. Wasn't sure what to delete in Add/Remove programs. Only thing on there that mentioned audio is the K8888111, but that seems to be the same thing you want me to load. Delete it or am I looking for something else in the program list?

5. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major
    You're sure there's nothing with 'Sigmatel' in the name in the Add/Remove list? If there is something, remove it.
    This is a brand new SigmaTel HD driver from Gateway. It was just released on Sept 17.
    http://support.gateway.com/support/...dio Driver Version: 6.10.5939.0&uid=208881633
    Before installing it, use these chipset drivers from Intel:
    http://downloadmirror.intel.com/16023/a08/infinst_autol.exe
    I have found that the Gateway site has wrong drivers (or non-working drivers) fairly often, so it's best to try to find one from the chip manufacturer if Gateway's drivers don't work....
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

If none of this works, please post exactly what it shows in the Device Manager under Sound, Video, and Game Controllers....

6. jmurray

jmurray Private E-2

Houston, we have sound! Many thanks to you and Musksnipe. jmurray:p:-D

7. jmurray

jmurray Private E-2

I'm back.
    The sound came on and I had one blissful night of uninterrupted sound. Since then, the computer locks up a few minutes into using it. We turn it off and on, and it locks up again. I don't think this has anything to do with the sound driver, but I'm mentioning it here just in case. If not, I'll refer the problem to Hardware.
    Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds