Limited connectivity issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by joddball, Jan 11, 2015.

1. joddball

joddball Private E-2

Hello there,

I have a bit of an odd issue connecting to my internet at home. My laptop will display 'limited or no connectivity' with both the wireless connection and the cable connection if I have it plugged in directly to the wireless router (and can't connect to the internet).
    However, this issue goes away if I run my VPN software (ExpressVPN), on both wireless and cable connections.

No other devices have this issue in my house (phones and computers), and (before yesterday) my laptop did not experience this issue when connecting to other networks.

My laptop is running Windows 8.1.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help!

2. joddball

joddball Private E-2

I haven't made any changes to the modem - and it has been working fine up until the last couple of days.

I just read through that article, and disconnected my VPN to start looking at the problem, and it seems to have resolved itself. Will monitor it over the next week or so, and see what happens.:confused

Thanks!

3. joddball

joddball Private E-2

So I had the same problem connecting to my network at uni - and managed to fix it by adding an entry in the Alternate DNS server field - 8.8.8.8 (as per the instructions on the website).

So far so good!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds