chipset driver won't instal

Discussion in 'Software' started by john_orford, Sep 24, 2012.

1. john_orford

john_orford Private E-2

Good day

I have ACER M1610, WINXP SP2. I have just formatted and repartitioned the HD, partly for personal reasons and partly to deal with malware.

I can't get the chipset driver to work. I had this computer from a friend who needed to sell and I downloaded the drivers from Acer and put them on CD. There has never been a problem before. This time on running the driver, it hangs after the progress bar ends. Clearing with Task Manager, I get a message from SiSBase.dll that it cannot find InstFunc.exe. This file is on the disc, in the WINXP_2K folder.

I downloaded a fresh chipset driver from the ACER website and exactly the same thing happened.

The result is that I can instal the Realtek sound driver but not my M-Audio soundcard driver. The video driver seemed to go in but images are distorted laterally.

I would be most grateful for any advice or assistance to help me with this problem

2. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

3. john_orford

john_orford Private E-2

Thank you. The chipset has always loaded well without SP3. I have already downloaded the drivers from Acer, as my message says.

4. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds