Overclocking with 3.0E and Asus p4p800 Deluxe

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by apeboyeee, May 6, 2005.

1. apeboyeee

apeboyeee Private E-2

Hey guys,

Like the title states, I'm trying to overclock my computer. Along with the 3.0E and the Asusp4p800 deluxe, I also have 1gb of Corsair XMS ram pc3200.

I'm currently reading the manual and I'm seeing some advanced options in the BIOS that I don't understand.

CPU External Frequency(Mhz) - this is the option I upped to 210 to get the overclock
    DRAM Frequency- options are 266mhz 333 mhz 400 mhz and Auto. It says it allows you to set the DDR operating frequency
    AGP/PCI Frequency- it says it allows you to adjust to higher AGP/PCI frequency for better OC'ing. options are 66.66/33.33 72.73/36.36 and 80.00/40.00
    AGP VDDQ voltage- options are 1.80v 1.70v 1.60v and 1.50v
    DRAM Idle Timer- options are infinite 0T 8T 16T 64T and Auto
    DRAM Refresh Mode- options are Auto 15.6 uSec 7.8 uSec 64 uSec and 64T

There are also some other ones like vcore and ram voltage but I understand those.

Thanks guys

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

3. Natakel

Natakel Guest

Just a question - I also have the 3.0E and am using the Asus P4P800-SE board, and would like to know what CPU temps you are getting. I run around 42C on idle, and am using the stock Intel cooler and fan.
    I too am confused about the bios - the one thing about the Asus board I don't like is the manual doesn't go into enough detail about the bios settings, IMO. Other then that, it kicks A**

thanks

4. apeboyeee

apeboyeee Private E-2

I agree, the manual doesn't really go in depth. It just states some general descriptions regarding each option.

As for my copmuter temps, I'm getting 33-35 idle, that's with a xp-120 with an enermax fan.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds