i recently crashed my computer, need help

Discussion in 'Software' started by louisiana_lady_3, Jun 26, 2006.

1. louisiana_lady_3

louisiana_lady_3 Private E-2

i recently crashed my computer and now i cannot get into yahoo chat, what is wrong? I have tried updating and just baout everything, can someone please help me!
    Also when i crashed my computer, i had a vivitar digital camera, 3785 model downloaded in it, now i cannot reinstall it because i cannot find my disk to do this with, can someone help me with this, maybe there is a way to do this online? Or can someone tell me how to get it downloaded so i can print out my pictures?

Thanks for the concern and i do hope someone can help me.

louisiana_lady_3@yahoo.com

2. infoseeker

infoseeker Master Sergeant

maybe try to be specific
    what is your OS
    Running AV?
    Firewall?
    Antispyware?

3. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks!

Any error message while using Yahoo messenger?

You can download drivers for your camera here.
    http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/driverindex.php

Dont leave your email out like that as spam bots constantly search and find new customers to dump their garbage into. ;)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
  4. housiemousie2

housiemousie2 Corporal

Just checking, but do you mean yahoo chat, as in the browser chat, or Yahoo Instant Messenger chats? Messenger is often buggy on my machine... is why I ask.

5. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Well how do you access Yahoo Chat then?

6. housiemousie2

housiemousie2 Corporal

People call two different things by the name 'chat'. A browser based chat (you don't need to have Yahoo Instant Messenger to chat this way.) Then the one that uses the Messenger program.

So I was asking her was it a browser problem, or with YIM.

7. infoseeker

infoseeker Master Sergeant

Try to reinstall your YIM

8. louisiana_lady_3

i try to get into chat through my messenger, i can recieve messages but cannot get into chat at all, even withouth going through messenger.
    im sorry but i dont understand a lot of this computer stuff but i am ;learning so please be more specific in easy terms for me to understand. I apologize but i dont mean to seem so dumb about this.

thanks

9. louisiana_lady_3

I get no error message. i have downloaded the driver but i still cannot get my cam to work.

thanks

10. louisiana_lady_3

yes that is what i mean. Ever since i crashed my comp i cannot get into the chat.

Thanks

11. louisiana_lady_3

i cannot get into it

12. louisiana_lady_3

it could be, i dont know. Please tell me how to check this problem

13. louisiana_lady_3

What is this and how do i do it?
    Thanks

14. housiemousie2

housiemousie2 Corporal

I don't know what version of Messenger you were using, but you could come at this two ways:

Either do a search of your machine for "msgr*" and look for a file with the extention of EXE (mine looks like this "msgr7us.exe") Then Open the exe file and it will install itself.

Or you can go get the latest version of Messenger and run the new installation.

http://messenger.yahoo.com/

15. louisiana_lady_3

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me, this is a great site.
    I bought a card reader for my camera so i am not worried about it anymore, but yahoo is supposed to be trying to help me with my problem, I cannot get into chat and i have tried everything, so i went to yahoo for assistance, just hope they can help. If anyone has any other ideas, i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for all the help!

16. louisiana_lady_3

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds