Can I ad HD's to RAID 1 Array?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by radiot, Sep 13, 2004.

1. radiot

radiot Private First Class

Howdy,

I have a dell dimension 4300 XP Home with two HDs. That computer is very ill and needs to be shot, but I would like to dump all its data onto a second machine (XP pro, RAID 1 array). One drive is all music, and I may want to just leave that drive in XP pro machine if possible. The other data drive, I would like to move all data to directory on XP pro machine, replace drive in dell, reformat, reinstall OS.

The plan it to use dell as email / web browser only.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Ok, the easiest way would be to move the hdd with the music into the other machine. Assuming you want to keep it there. Then connect the 2 computers with a crossover cable or through a LAN. Then send all the data to the second computer, reformat/reinstall and send the data back.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds