Help with gateway computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by L33t_SSF_Killa, Dec 31, 2004.

1. L33t_SSF_Killa

L33t_SSF_Killa Private E-2

I need help with a gateway computer and what I need to buy for it to support half-life 2. First before I even get started will a radeon 9800 pro work In a PCI slot? And now what type of motherboard should I buy if it doesnt support the radeon and will that graphics card work with a 250w PSU? oo ya and the motherboard doesnt have a AGP slot, and if i do need a new motherboard can i take the CPU outa th gateway an put it in the new motherboard? And if I wanted a new case would the motherbaord fit?

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

no 9800 wont work on a pci slot

250w is really cutting it low and its based on how much stuff is connected to the system

probably not for the cpu answer either...happy new year gotta run :)

3. L33t_SSF_Killa

You guys have some options with what I can do to make my computer work for half-life 2 under a 780$ budget?

4. L33t_SSF_Killa

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds