Unusual Problem?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Malax, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Malax

Malax Private E-2

I have a problem that I have never encountered before. Up until yesterday I haven't had internet access on this machine which I bought in December. Needless to say it ran flawlessly however the day before I got the internet I brought a video file and cucusoft from a machine at my parents. Since then I have had alsorts of problems. Certain file windows I open just crash, initially it was saying something about DEP or DHP or some protection, I altered the settings on this to see if it stopped the crashing but no. The machine also just runs slower. I got the internet yesterday and its one of those USB sticks that picks up wireless and occasionally if I try to do anything while this is plugged in nothing will open, as soon as I remove the device from the USB port everything I've tried to do miraculously appears. The internet itself runs fine, no popups etc, I've ran virus checks in Zone Alarm and Norton Protection/Internet Security. The only odd thing about the internet is that alot of images show up in terrible resolution for example the major geeks image at the top is full of little dots this happens with alot of images. This isn't really a problem but is a little odd. Anyway, any guidance on this would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Malax

Malax Private E-2

I have also noticed then when I try to shutdown the following programmes are ended:
    Zlclient
    CCapp
    Verbosepageform

It closes these everytime I shutdown now.

3. Malax

Malax Private E-2

Sorry to keep bumping this up but I've spent almost 24hours trying to figure out what the problem is. No virus software I've tried seems to pick up any problems or anything. I'm out of ideas. Any help is very very much appreciated

4. klaviermatse

klaviermatse Private E-2

Do xou have anyDVD installed? I think, the Verbosepageform is from this.

5. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

Just one anti virus/firewall active at one time, right? DEP is Data Execution Prevention, sounds like you are running something you shouldn't be, or at least WIndows seems to think so, and so is trying to protect itself.

6. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

:cool I'm not a little confused as to what is or is not working. Please clarify.

Are you using 'Onspeed' or some other 'internet speedup' or AOL?

ZL Client is Zone Alarm firewall.
    CCapp is Norton antivirus.

These should be OK together. Please confirm you are not using the ZA full internet security package with Norton. They will fight.

Yes indeed Any DVD or Daemon Tools could be your problem. Uninstall them if you have them and get your internet set up properly with your usb wireless stick. Then look on Major Geeks for some better (tested) DVD/Video programs.

Studio T

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds