Add/Remove Programs

Discussion in 'Software' started by Johner, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Johner

Johner Private First Class

I installed scanner yesterday and had problems with applications I installed from cd that came with scanner. That software is really old. I went to scanner company website and download drivers but they dont have newer application. This older application really slow down performance of my laptop and screw up in win.ini. I uninstalled both text bridge classic and mustek off the add/remove programs then rebooted, came back to add/remove program and still see just mustek on list. I click to uninstall it again, it gave me error said "could not open install.log file" Now I want mustek off my add/remove programs list and everything about this scanner off my harddrive. I would love to put restorage cd in my laptop to reinstall window but I have other programs and files that require a cd which I dont have and I will have to go through hell to reinstall and register. I need win xp friendly program remover, seems like win xp's is too stubborn. I want one little file even .txt or registry destroyed on my harddrive that relates to mustek. I went in majorgeeks to look around for files under drive cleaner or others but couldnt decide which is best. Appericate if you give me link from under one of files you have will work. thanks

2. Johner

here screen shot.

Attached Files:

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Get yourself Regcleaner and click Uninstall menu and put tick next to offending prog and click Remove Selected to erase the ADD/Remove link.

sometimes the programming is naff and leaves traces of suposedly removed progs behind.... Lazzzzzzzzyness IMO.

4. Johner

thanks, it works.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds