The Newbie

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Rhyre, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Rhyre

Rhyre Private E-2

Aha, I'm new and I know pretty much nothing... Help? :)

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Yea ..yea..you "know pretty much nothing" you know that not to be true ;)

A very warm welcome to this young lady... the daughter of a dear friend.
    Have a good look around the forums, you will have plenty of time now your mock exam week is over! Explore the various sections, but what you need to concentrate on first and foremostly is software....and malware removal.

Your'e so quick to learn that I am sure you will be whizzing along before you know it, you already know alot more about computing than you give yourself credit for.

Again, a warm welcome, enjoy the forums, the friendly people who hang here and the wealth of information :wave
    Emma Dilemma

3. :wave Hi there Rhyre nice to welcome you to major geeks you will do really well;Fighting baddies in malware and repairing your own pcs you got some of the top male&female malware fighters on this forum :major Enjoy :-D

4. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

[​IMG] .. to MG's, Rhyre!

Glad to meet you! Emms said that you are very sharp... [​IMG] so no more pretending that you know very little!! :p

dr.m [​IMG]

5. Kestrel13!

She's as sharp as they come Doc...I promise you that....!:cool

6. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave Rhyre and welcome to MG's..

Im a friend of two people you know:).

But if you tell anyone i will deny itLOL

7. Rhyre

Rhyre Private E-2

Hahaha, okay, so I know abit... and I learn sort of quickly. But I'm still abit baffled by the site. I'll get there though, I refuse not to, frankly. :cool

8. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

We were all the same at first:).
    But you will learn fast;)

9. Kestrel13!

learn fast?! She will put me to shame, wolfy :-D

10. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Welcome to MajorGeeks! A reference is not needed, but if Kes speaks so highly of you, I am sure you will have a good time here. :-D

11. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome to the forums Rhyre

I suspect its a bit more than a "bit" or is it a "byte" hehehehehe, *sniggers* geek humour :)

Easy things to do if baffled is to join in in the lounge topics as you get to know many of the regulars, then if your competent in an area of computing, go slow and answer some questions if you know the answer. We all have to start somewhere and learning new things is why we are all here, which is why I do read most of the threads and topics on the forum, especially in the areas I'm not too hot on, so my advice is to do that read some of the threads and see what the original question is about and how its hopefully fixed.

Most of all have fun and if you have a question about the forum and how to use it, pop a question into the lounge area.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds