Canon A75 no longer recognizable Win XP USB

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zapp, Dec 24, 2006.

1. zapp

zapp Staff Sergeant

Folks
    aaarggghhhh.... right on christmas eve! lovely Canon A75 and my computer have gotten along swell for a year. Today we plug in to the computer and no dice... Turn on the camera, message pops up on the tray saying "USB device not recognized". I've tried every typical trick except for replacing the cable [only have one]. Moved to different system and got exactly the same. Changed to fresh batteries, still the same.

anyone seen this before? The system is Win XP Pro, up to date... nothing else has changed. I tried all four of the ports plus a USB hub, where it has "lived" for the last many months...... Has the cam failed? everything else about the camera works perfectly.

2. zapp

zapp Staff Sergeant

Help! ???

3. fortune2000

fortune2000 Private E-2

I have a Canon S1 IS and have been using it with my computer for a long time. I am now getting the exact same problem you have just described. Were you able to correct the problem, if so what did you end up doing?

Thanks

Kevin

4. zapp

zapp Staff Sergeant

nope. I assumed the little IC used for managing the usb interface went bad. So I just got a reader... 2 of them in fact, to stick the memory chip into. I actually liked it better... doesn't waste battery and is really fast if you get a USB 2.0 one. Get a good brand name....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds