Internet selective - doesn't load certain pages!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alishya, Jun 24, 2006.

1. alishya

alishya Private E-2

Hi!

I've been having serious (and highly irritating) problems with my internet that hopefully someone can help me with.

A few weeks ago, I was trying to check my e-mail (yahoo) and the page wouldn't load... I figured that yahoo was down or something, but when I went to work the next day, Yahoo worked fine. I came home, and again, I couldn't get into Yahoo Mail. (also, I could get into my Yahoo Mail with my laptop while I'm home with the same internet connection but not on my desktop). I also found that I couldn't get into my ebay account (i have an ebay store) but I could get to the main page of ebay to search for things. Since that day a few weeks ago, my internet/IE has decided that certain sites are not attainable. .I can get into most of my credit card/bank accounts online, but a few credit cards I can't log into (although I can get to the main page). I can search Yahoo, but can't get into the mail. I can search ebay, but can't get into my account. I can get to the main page of Weather.com but can't get the weather for my zip code. I've run ALL the tests on the "READ & RUN ME FIRST" page so if you have any questions, please let me know!! I did not have any problems with any of the tests. Please help! Any advice would do as I MUST be able to access my ebay/Yahoo accounts soon!

Since I've run all the other tests, fixed everything there was to be fixed, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should try next? Are there any other tests that would target such a problem? Please let me know as I'm about to throw my computer out of the window!

And... one more thing I have forgotten. I am unable to go into Microsoft.com and ask for updates for my computer. I get an error that says Error 0x80072EE2.. I've followed their instructions for fixing this, but nothing happens. Also, when I run Norton System Check, I am told that I have missing Program files which I didn't have a few days ago... all having to do with "Missing File. 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\..." and a list of 10 files but I can't seem to fix the problems. Any advice? And I ran the commnad sfc /scannow... no help there.

Thanks for any advice!!

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Check your security settings under tools ...privacy ...:)

3. alishya

alishya Private E-2

Um... I would hope I'm not that naive. :rolleyes: The lowest settings possible have been chosen, all sites are allowed, Cookies accepted (or not accepted.. i've done both), and I still can't search for anything on ebay (without even signing in). And other ideas?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds