Webcam driver - corrupt?

Discussion in 'Software' started by dalym7, Jan 11, 2007.

1. dalym7

dalym7 Private E-2

Hi guys,

I have a fairly standard, not too fancy webam. It called ZSMC USB webcam - i think its been branded under a few different names.

Anyway, i had it set up on my computer, and i always used it on the usb sockets at the front of my dell machine. Recently i got one of those usb extension (for easier access) and had plugged this into the back of my machine. When i plugged my webam in, my computer 'thought' i was connecting hardware for the first time. Stange i though, as i thought the whole point of usb was that you didnt have to install drivers each time. Anyways, i thought i 'd just click ok and let it install the driver again. So it installed the drvier.. but it must have been corrupted as it didn't work. When i try to remove it from the 'add/remove' progarms list, it won't do it. I get an error message saying the

"<big long file path> - the specified module could not be found'

So i can't seem to get rid of it. I have donloaded a new driver, installed it, but it won't work - i assume because there is two drivers now - one corrupt and the other one good. What i want to do is to remove the driver that i get the error message on when i try. but how to do this? I reckon once i get rid of this and then install the new driver , then things should be ok.

Anybody got any suggestions..?

Thanks a lot for reading - any help appreciated. thanks!

martin

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds