Pinnacle Studio start window inaccessable.

Discussion in 'Software' started by heathbug, Apr 21, 2007.

1. heathbug

heathbug Private E-2

I have an old copy of Pinnacle Studio, v. 8.1 (which came with the book "Digital Video for Dummies", and used it successfully once before. Now, when I open the program, the initial screen (showing the video screen, the place to drag the clips into, etc.) shows, but the top of the screen, including the taskbar, is completely above and behind the computer screen. Therefore, no part of the taskbar is visible to allow dragging the screen downward so it may be used. The sides and bottom of the window are likewise inactive, e.g. they cannot be dragged with the window as a whole, to allow "dragging" of the window (which is my wish). Nothing I do with the mouse, cursor, keyboard function keys, combination of keys, including the arrow keys, or anything else will affect the window. I can only collapse the whole window into the bottom bar (where the Start button is--I can't remember all the nomenclature); I can click this and the window will open or collapse, but no other operations can be performed.:cry :cry
    Is there any way to move the window down so its taskbar can be reached, and thus allow the program to do its job? (Remember, it worked fine once before; it is only now acting up.)confused confused

2. heathbug

heathbug Private E-2

NOTE: I found out a way to fix the problem;:D it came to me last night as I was going to bed. I thought, "Why not just change the size of the objects on the screen through the control panel?" (Appearance and Themes, Change the Screen Resolution, move the slider bar to 1280 X 786, Apply, and then drag the window to where it is visible.):cool Then, I just let it go (or say I don't want to keep the resolution,) letting it revert to normal, and Presto! Problem solved. Sounds much more involved than it was. Anyway, thanks to anyone who was using their brain cells thinking about the problem. As usual, the cure just involved knowing which few buttons to push; it's easy, if you know what you are doing.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds