No Volume and no Volume Icon in tray

Discussion in 'Software' started by alreadyadub, May 22, 2011.

1. alreadyadub

alreadyadub Private E-2

I think i need to update on of my drivers or something because there is no sound for anything. the speakers work on other computers. there is also no volume icon in the lower left corner. when i try to change the sound settings it says there are no audio devices.

my everest report is attached

Attached Files:

2. alreadyadub

alreadyadub Private E-2

3. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi and welcome to MG's,

here is a link to the drivers for your system.....

http://support.euro.dell.com/suppor...H&osl=en&ServiceTag=3KGMT11&catid=-1&impid=-1

you will need to know what sound card you have in your system, please go to Device manager and expand the tree on the sound/video and games controller, this should display your sound card.

The second way to find out what kind of sound card you have is to click on the Start button, then click on Run and once the Run box opens, type DXDIAG. Now click on the Sound tab up at the top and the name of your sound card will be displayed.

Or you could just do a simple restore to when your system was working properly.

iain.t :major

4. alreadyadub

alreadyadub Private E-2

when i try to download the drivers the dell download manager says there are no files to download and i cant do anything about it. it looks like the drivers would fix my problem but it wont download

any suggestions?

5. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Ok try this .....

Start> right click computer> properties> hardware> device manager> sound/video and gaming controllers> uninstal the realtek audio driver by highlighting the click uninstall at the top of device manager> when uninstalled check for hardware changes> this will find the drivers again and install them> follow the prompts and when finished reboot your machine so that it recognises the changes.

Are your Audio plugs in the I/O plate or in an expansion slot ?? see here....

http://www.overclockeddoc.com/bookworm/sound/comp io slot.JPG

I/O plate - ADI 198x

expansion slot - Sound Blaster sound card

iain.t :major

6. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

Try using IE instead of the browser you are using. The dell site is finiky about that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds