Computer booting up slow

Discussion in 'Software' started by ASPSQLVB, Jul 28, 2009.

1. ASPSQLVB

ASPSQLVB Private E-2

Gang,

Everytime I turn my computer on the booting up process is very slow. Takes much longer than usual. I also noticed a Windows Installer is displayed during the boot up process.

I have Verizon Security Suite. I also run occasionaly scan my computer with MalwareBytes , SuperAnti Spyware, Spybot Search & Destroy and Trend Micro-Anti-Spyware. All that is found are some cookies and nothing more.

I also use CC Cleaner.

Im not sure what might be causing the sudden sluggish boot up process.

Thank You.

Ken

2. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Hey dude, take a look at THIS THREAD ;)

3. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Agree with DL

Does Spybot S&D have "Tea timer" running. This may conflict with "Verizon Security Suite" from what I see. I am assuming all other security apps are scan only and not real time.

cheers

4. ASPSQLVB

ASPSQLVB Private E-2

5. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

You have a lot of security apps running there ..... correct me if I'm wrong someone buts I know NAV doesn't like alot of other Security Suites ... perhaps it is conflicting with one of them?

6. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

NAV should still run in the background ... it has services that are not reliant on the start-up processes

7. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Most Definitely ... I would say that would be the issue

8. ASPSQLVB

ASPSQLVB Private E-2

Wow....I never knew Norton was on my PC. I uninstalled that(at least I thought) many years ago. The main Anti-Virus/Spyware and Firewall used is Verizon Security Suite. Many services comes with this software for additional protection.

I only use Trend for random scans. Its a free version.

Gang, I see the Norton Anti Virus exe in the CC Cleaner but, I do not see this in my ADD/REMOVE Programs and I do not see Norton in my START>ALL PROGRAMS. How do I uninstall this ?

9. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  10. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Please enable Norton in CC before running the removal tool.

Also in the future - remember uninstalling a program/app that is disabled by CC can create issues in the future.

You should use the following for controlling your start-ups..

http://majorgeeks.com/Startup_CPL_d619.html

Cheers.. :)

11. ASPSQLVB

ASPSQLVB Private E-2

Gang,

I tried removing Norton with the link provided in the previous post but having no success.

Norton is still visible in CC Cleaner STARTUP. Its also now visible in the WINDOWS STARTUP(before it was not visible) AND ITS CHECKED.

Also, I cannot find the Norton Files/Folder in my hardrive. I see the path but, when I go there the NAVNT FOLDER is not visible. I also selected the SHOW HIDDEN FILES and FOLDERS but this does not show the NAVNT FOLDER.

Ken

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  12. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Please try running the removal tool in safe mode.
    Cheers..

13. jblim1980

jblim1980 Private First Class

had you try defrag? if none you better defrag used tune up and defrag your registry also..

14. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

What year was it???? It may be necessary to use a special tool ...

15. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

I think ....... correct if I'm wrong but doesn't either 05 or 06 have a SPECIAL removal tool?

16. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Riteo ;) must be mistaking it for something else :-o

17. ASPSQLVB

ASPSQLVB Private E-2

Norton was removed successfully. After a few times of using the Norton removal tool and restarting the computer seems to of done the trick.

I also noticed QuickTime is not loading on its own anymore.

I think that was the problem.

Thank You All.

Sincerely,

Ken

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds