bizarre Email Ques

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by biggddd, Dec 4, 2006.

1. biggddd

biggddd Private E-2

Hello And Good AM

I keep getting this same type of email - about 6 times a year. I wanted to know if anyone knows what the Originator of the message gets out of it?? Why does this type of message never die?

THE DETAILS: The message is usually from some dying kid and it usually involves the make-a-wish foundation or some other related place.

In the email, there is a promise to donate some monetary amount for forwarding this message to everyone you know.

Of Course, I know this is a load of Crapola and everyone is just wasting people's time, but I wondered what a person could possibly hope to gain by starting this message?

If you don't know the answer, please feel free to comment.

For every comment posted, FDKFELRKM Corporation will donate 10 cents to the BLaH BLah foundation...NOT

2. scoobysnacks

scoobysnacks Private E-2

I guess for the same reason people send those "forward this to 10million friends in 3 microseconds or your computer will melt and your family will die in a horrible inferno" type messages.

Not something most people can understand, tho I guess there is some kind of interest in getting your original email back knowing it's been floating round the ether all over the world!

I just delete them, along with all "phone scam" and "virus alert" type email warnings.

If you're not sure whether an email is a hoax go to this site

http://hoaxbusters.ciac.org/HoaxBustersHome.html

or search for it on google or the like. Most of the "dire warnings" are complete horse 541t, but I guess it's worth checking them out if you've got the time.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds