Two Years, Lev.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sibeer, Feb 22, 2008.

1. sibeer

sibeer MajorGeek

That's how long my basement bathroom took me to renovate. All new drywall, plumbing, electrical, and everything you see. I saved the wall structure and the basic floor because this was supposed to be a fairly cheap and quick project, so we would have a decent bathroom to use while renovating the main bathroom which is rotting away as I post. There was hours and hours leveling the floor and shimming the wall for the shower, It would've been quicker to rebuild everything. Live and learn. The plumbing was a nightmare, mostly the drains. The drywall finishing went great. My first attempt twenty years ago was a disaster, so I wasn't looking forward to it at all. I learned courtesy of the internet. The budget. Originally, under $1000. Actual came in around $2000.
    My wife pimped it out...I mean did the decorating. That probably isn't part of the budget.

The reference to Lev? If you remember she renovated her bathroom after I started mine. It took her a week. Bragger.;)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Looks pretty nice Sibeer. I replaced everything but the toilet in the bathroom in a house I lived in a few years ago, still have nightmares about it! It is more work than it looks like.

E

3. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

A lot of work sibeer, and then you were doing it yourself as an "owner/builder" while working, etc...so don't be too hard on yourself...at least it is now done and loookin' goood!

As for Lev...I think she probably throws on her cape when no one is looking and flies around wearing a mask to avoid recognition:p...which would explain her doing a bathroom in one week!;)LOL

4. Gensuknives

Gensuknives Grand pooty-meister

She was probably a homebuilder/remodeler in a prior life. heh heh

5. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

Looks really nice. Home repairs are always a nightmare, congrats to you and the wife, nice job

6. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Wow, your bathroom looks amazing and I love the fishy theme. It's like being at the coast without having to leave your home :D Perfect! Great job - you should be very proud. Bathrooms are such an achievement. We have our half-bathroom to do next...I figured in a couple of days for that :p

7. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

See what I mean sibeer?!

<I reckon a quick sqizzy in her secret closet will probably disclose a cape and mask Lev has hidden away;)>

8. Natakel

Natakel Guest

Very nicely done, sibeer. I'm looking into putting a bathroom in my basement . . . but I'd need to do some major drain-work (or use a lift-pump).

Nice photos.

9. sibeer

sibeer MajorGeek

I think you're right LS. How about a picture of the outfit, Lev?

Thanks for the comments all.

10. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

11. sibeer

sibeer MajorGeek

You're looking good Lev, maybe a bit old fashioned. :D You've really embraced the American super-hero look.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds