Malware or what???

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by luvtahug, May 16, 2008.

1. luvtahug

luvtahug Private E-2

I'm new here. Just found this site because I searched to see what BufferCM was. My computer has something, but I don't know what. I have this file in my Control Panel, plus I have a few that have no file size, dates used, nothing... just the names. They are Otto, Upload, and another one that I already un-installed. When I try to make a new folder somewhere, instead of it coming up "new folder", it will pop up already named something weird, but never the same name twice. Computer is also bogged down.

So last night I followed the Basic PC Maintenance, Boot in normal mode, Control Panel uninstall, etc that I found here. I just ran the Malwarebyes and found about 30 infections on my C drive, but over 7000 on my D:recycle/desktop.ini. It said to click Show Files to see report, so I click OK on it and it all disappeared. (It took well over 3 hours to run that scan!) I don't frustrate easily, but this is starting to get to me. HELP, please!
    Louise

Attached Files:

2. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

Hi Louise and welcome to MG's :wave

Your first stop would be to go here run all the scans for your operating system then make a new posting here with the results of the scans and one of our malware experts will help you get all cleaned up if you have any of that pesky malware.

Good Luck! :)

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to the forums..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds