problem in executing .exe file from cd Drive

Discussion in 'Software' started by deemani, Aug 30, 2009.

1. deemani

deemani Private E-2

I'm using windows vista home premium. I cannot run .exe files from my CD drive. when i trying to run .exe file. i'm getting this error
    "Windows cannot access the specified device,path or file.you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
    I logged in as administrator. but i can execute .exe files from other folders.I'm having this problem for past 2 months. pls give me solution for this problem.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What security applications do you have installed as I remember an issue like this on a PC with a 3rd party firewall installed and a rule causing this, weird as it seems you'd wonder why the firewall would cause this. As you have had this issue for 2 mounths what was it you installed if anything around that time?

Have you scanned for malware?

If you right click one of those .exe's and choose properties and is Unblock on the general tab? if so try that.

If you uninstall your 3rd party software firewall and then reboot and try is this happing still?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds