I'd like to join...

Discussion in 'Software' started by eclayton, Jan 16, 2005.

1. eclayton

eclayton Sgt. Shorts-cough

Hey Goldy, can ya walk me through this? I'd like to install this as a service, and I downloaded FireDeamon, but I'm not sure what is the best client to download. I've only done one other client before, (I think it was Seti@boinc) and it was fairly easy. Do you sugget console or graphical? Will they both load as services? If so, what's the advantages and disadvantages of both?
    Thanks for any help, I"d like to get this going soon!
    Eric

2. eclayton

Okay, I figured out it was console, but then I discovered that it costs to use Firedeamon, so I'd like to not use firedeamon. Can I just put it on startup and have it run that way?

3. BrandonB

BrandonB Private E-2

Search for FireDameon Lite (it's free...) ifyou run the console from startup it pops open a window.. if you run it as a service its not visible.

There are a few other ways.. look at the 3 big threads inthis forum.. they all have good information. :)

4. eclayton

THanks Brandon! :) I looked at all the threads, and it was all overwhelming! I'll try the ligt and see if it works.

Eric

5. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Yeah the lite version only allows you to run one service, which is all you need really.

I'm working on getting a quick start guide together to go with the FAQ I put together earlier, which will include how to get F@H running as a service.

6. eclayton

I'm running the console version, and it seems it's already running as a service. :confused: It's listed in services, I set it to automatic, and there it is. Not sure what I did. Am I missing something? I didn't use FireDeamon.

I"m running Tinker, would like to run Gromacs. Have 90 units down, 310 more to go. :( Very very slow.

7. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

tinkers are definatley slow.

I think that the new console version has an install as service option, not sure though. I really have to get some up to date info!

8. Publius

Publius Sergeant

I just installed the console version and it does have an install as service option. Firedaemon isn't necessary.

9. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Thats good to know :)

10. eclayton

Cool, that must be what I did!! :)

11. scorcer

scorcer ajMro keGe

Welcome to the team!!! :) :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds