AVG/ZoneAlarm Transparency Conflict

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bronson7, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Bronson7

Bronson7 Private E-2

During the install process of AVG, a dialogue box stated that I had zonealarm installed and that a conflict existed between the two. It recommended turning transparency mode off and had a link on how to manually configure the browser as it said some sites may not be displayed. Well, as AVG wasn't totally installed, I didn't want to follow the link until after I was finished. After total installation, the link is gone. I checked AVG's web site and they have no mention of this conflict. Can anyone give me a hand on how to configure my browser? I have no idea what transparency mode is. I'm just trying to correctly configure these two apps. Thank you very much.
    Bronson7

2. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

I never had that problem but i always install avg before zonealarm.

3. Bronson7

Bronson7 Private E-2

Thanks Hugh. I'll give that a shot.
    Bronson7

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds