The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be...

Discussion in 'Software' started by keyser318, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keyser318

keyser318 Private First Class

I keep receiving this error: "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified." I have not had any problems with my email until recently we changed email servers. Now when I try to log on, I continually receive this error every time mail is checked. I currently am using incredimail and it pops up with this error over and over no matter whether you say you want to continue or not. In the details it says a certificate chain is processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider. I have tried a lot of different things to find out how to solve this, but can't figure it out. None of my coworkers are having this problem, and from what I can see, everything is configured the same. I have also tried the email in microsoft outlook, but with the same result.

Thanks for the help.

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Re: The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be

Have you checked the POP3 server and SMTP server account settings for incoming and outgoing mail is correct for the new email server? Also check the ports are set to the correct number too.

3. keyser318

Re: The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be

Yes. I have double checked everything i can think of. I am beginning to think it is something as simple as needing to install the digital certificate from the access server. I am unsure of how to do this however. Does this seem like I am on the right track or is there something else?

Thanks,

Keyser

4. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

What exchange server are you using?

5. keyser318

I believe it is a microsoft exchange server 2007. I tried going into the browser and viewing the security certificate and downloading it while I was in the webmail portion, but that didn't help.

Keyser

6. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

7. iamjimmi

iamjimmi Private E-2

This original posting was some time ago so now doubt u have resolved the problem, but I had a similar problem with Outlook and Internet Explorer. I tried all suggested fixes but no joy.

The clue to the cause was that none of my sent mail was showing in the sent box - somehow the system date of my PC had reset itself to 2004. All my sent mail was in the sent box but as the folder was sorted by date, they were not stored where I expected to see them!

Amended the date (right click on the time in the bottom left of the screen and select adjust date/time) to 2009 and hey presto the security alerts all went away.

Hope this is of use to someone else!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds