Can't load Wolfenstein

Discussion in 'Software' started by mgrist, Jun 25, 2004.

1. mgrist

mgrist Private Weapons

Loaded Wolf about 4 months ago played it and finished it. The other day I decided to play it again, hit the short cut and a big blank screen came up. So I uninstalled it with the uninstall command reloaded and then hit the shortcut, same thing. So I went in to the C: drive and deleted the files one by one and thought I got them all. Now when I try to reload it tells me there is a previous install on the machine and that I need to uninstall it first. But I can't find any more files. The uninstall command is gone, there is no more listing in add remove programs and the first screen that comes up when I insert the wolf CD has uninstall listed but it won't do anything when I select it.
    I loaded wolf on another computer to make sure the CD is alright and it appears to be, the computer isn't a very good gamer though.
    What am I missing?

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Odd. Check your registry for entries with RegCleaner.

3. mgrist

mgrist Private Weapons

Nope, nothing there. Keep thinking :)
    I've done seaches for anything that says wolf (nothing) and even did one for "ID" thinking I might find something there (nothing)

4. waelli2

waelli2 Private E-2

Hi !

Had the same proplem with my mohaa game...i solved it this way.I found some files in a map called "C:\Program\InstallShield Installation Information" that i deleted.I didn't find anything when i did an automatic search with my pc, only when i went in manuell.
    Worked just great for my...
    \waelli2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds