hp pavillion problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by addict, Apr 8, 2007.

1. addict

addict Private E-2

hi i got a hp pavillion a1620.uk and every time i turn it on it just beeps and dosnt conect with my monitor if any one could help me it would be great

thanks

2. uberuberuber

uberuberuber Private First Class

Was this new or used? i see your pc uses a 7500LE. Make shure the card is seated in the slot right. Take it out and then reinstall it. itf there is a power connector on the card for a exturnal source make shure that is pluged in.

First marke shure you discharge your self before touching any componets in the pc. do this by touching any part of the metal pc case.

Also check your power suply. This sounds like it might be a dead power supply. If you have a multi meter check the power on the +12 volt rail yellow wires from a 4 pin molex. But do this only if you know what your doing. if you do this and dont get a good reading. like 11.9 volts or better chances are your power supply is dead. I see you got a 915 and those suck there share of power and amps from the psu. If the psu is dead i highly recamend a FPS powersupply from newegg.com I run one in my rig and never had any problems and everyone that i put in outher peoples rigs worked without a problem.

If those dont give any results post back.

3. addict

addict Private E-2

its new only about 5 mounths old i took it and tried it on my family's tv becuase i herd u could use it as a monitor and after it hasnt worked.

i will give that a go thanks

4. uberuberuber

You can did you fallow the directions on how to set it up like that? I only done that one time on my old MX400. I got a 6800 right now and i can do it but i dont so i dont know about all of that so you might want to wait for another opinion if it worked when you hooked it upto the tv.

reason i can think its not working right is because.

-sending the video to the s-vid port asd the primary mon.
    -vid card died

I have no experance really with useing my tv as a mon. since my tv has a DVI port. before you try anything wait for someone to give there opinion on this matter.

5. addict

addict Private E-2

ok thanks well i didnt need to set it up my tv samsung has a port for computer so u plug it in like u would with any usal monitor for the pc and then just press the pc button

6. uberuberuber

ok. i thought you were useing the S-video port.

does it work on any outher moniters?

7. addict

addict Private E-2

no i dont no enuff about computer to use the video port but the tv is built so u can use it as a monitor if u want i treid it again on the tv afta it started beeping but it wouldnt work on there and this waso nly like 10 mins afta id just used it

8. uberuberuber

on mine i have to set my tv to RGB-PC useing the TV/video button. Have you tryed that yet?

9. addict

addict Private E-2

that isnt really the problem. its just my hardrive wont turn on it just beeps and dosnt conect with any thing

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds