Gateway FX4710 HD Audio Drivers XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by digitalhecht, Aug 27, 2008.

1. digitalhecht

digitalhecht Private E-2

Just downgraded my Gateway FX4710-UB003A machine to XP Pro SP3. Anyone know what drivers I need for the integrated HD audio to work? It's the only exclamation point I have left in Device Manager. Many thanks in advance!

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major
    I'm assuming you're using a 32bit version of XP.... first install the Intel Chipset Drivers. Then reboot. Then go to http://hf.xable.net and scroll down until you see KB888111, then click the green Download on the right. Install it. Then install the RealTek HD Audio Driver. Reboot when it completes installing, and you should be rockin' like Dokken! Let us know how it goes....

[dlb]

3. digitalhecht

digitalhecht Private E-2

Oh man, YOU RULE!!! After stumbling across this forum, I am sort of wishing I had taken a shot at building my own box. Oh well, in 2 years or so...
    Now I can return the cheezy SoundBlaster to Fry's and put that toward a Blu-ray burner. Thanks again!!!

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:eek: Awwww, shucks! I'm just glad I could help. Happy to hear it's working now! :celebrate :highfive

[dlb]
    :major

5. djmaverick

djmaverick Private E-2

I have also downgraded my FX4710 to XP. This thread was useful in helping me get the audio working. I still seem to be missing a driver or two. My Device Manager shows missing drivers for "eHome Infrared Transceiver" and Multimedia Video Controller". Can either of you point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

6. digitalhecht

digitalhecht Private E-2

I don't remember what I did with the eHome device. I may have simply uninstalled it. It doesn't even show up in Device Manager anymore. As for the Video Controller, I am guessing it's looking for your video card drivers. I have an NVidia 9800 GT, though I can't remember if it came with the system or I bought it separately. But you should be able to download the latest drivers from your card mfr's website.

7. djmaverick

djmaverick Private E-2

The NVIDIA 9800 GT drivers were the first one's I installed, fresh from NVIDIA's website. I suspect that the missing device might be related to the TV Tuner hardware or the Av ports on the front of the FX tower.

8. Kustom

Kustom Private E-2

Believe it or not, i am the third to downgrade from Vista (I have FX 4710 too! Very nice rig!) (Ewwwwwww). I am doing the instructions above. Hopefully it works. I really wanna talk on my mic and listen to music!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds