VPN software install hangs wireless card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by suep, Jan 18, 2005.

1. suep

suep Private E-2

Notebook running Windows 2000 SP4 with latest updates. Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG internal adapter. Cisco VPN Client version 4.0.1. After loading the VPN software the wireless adapter hangs while trying to shutdown. Have be able to successfully install the VPN software with the wireless disabled, reboot, enable the wireless and successfully connect and disconnect to the VPN. Have tried disabling the wireless prior to shutdown but that hangs as well. To reboot successfully, have to boot into safemode, disable wireless then restart normally (or uninstall software). The wireless has no issues prior to installing VPN software. The notebook has an internal hard lan card as well.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

suep,
    Have you looked for updated drivers for your Wi-Fi card? Not releasing resources could be a driver issue or an issue with the VPN client. Start with the drivers first.

3. suep

suep Private E-2

Yes, I have installed the latest drivers from the Intel site. Someone mentioned to me that it could be a winsock issue but didn't elaborate and I'm not familiar with winsock.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds