watching movies on PS2 with a memory stick

Discussion in 'Software' started by sicari, Jun 16, 2009.

1. sicari

sicari Private E-2

could someone please tell me if it is possible to put a movie on a usb stick, plug it into a PS2, and watch movies off it???

2. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

No idea, I never tried it, but you can burn it to a DVD and watch it in the PS2.

3. sicari

sicari Private E-2

i know you can burn :) putting movies on a mem stick is so much easier

4. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

So why not try it and post the outcome? :)

5. spanktastic2120

spanktastic2120 Corporal

i know you can do it with a mod chip installed. there are ISOs out there that you can burn and have your modded ps2 read to load things off of the usb port, most notably games. im pretty sure ive seen several that claim to allow your ps2 to play multiple formats like avi and divx, but without a modded ps2 you wouldnt be able to get the disc to boot so it would read off of your usb drive. swap magic may work for that though as an alternative to modding, ive never looked too deeply into it. hope that helps.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds