Help PCIE Slot/Video Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ZeuZ, Feb 4, 2010.

1. ZeuZ

ZeuZ Private E-2

Been running my video card on the wrong slot. Since my motheroboard has 2 pcie video card slots, I had it on the 2nd, not the main one (blue for the P5KC). I have my bios settings set to this:

Initiate Graphics Adapter: PEG/PCI
    Port Peg Control: Auto
    Port Peg Force x1: Disabled

And I get no video from the blue main slot. It only works when I enable the Port Peg Force x1 feature. It runs fine on the 2nd slot, but the slot only allows up to 4x speeds. The main slot is a 16x slot but wont work unless its forced x1. Any help would be appreciated.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Asus P5KC (1203 BIOS Version)
    Geforce 8800 GT
    Patriot PC2-6400 800mhz 4-4-4-12 2.2v 4gigs
    Western Digital 150gb Sata 150 16mb 10,000rpm
    Antecl Neo Power 650 ATX

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

have you tried to reset the bios?

3. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Can you change the first option to just PEG and the second to PEG1?

4. ZeuZ

ZeuZ Private E-2

No, there is only PEG/PCE and PCI/PEG, and i've tried both.

5. ZeuZ

ZeuZ Private E-2

I've reset the bios, and also flashed it to the latest bios version as well and nothing. Only works when forced x1 lol. So weird.

6. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Can you test the card on another computer?

Do you have another PCI-E card to test in the main slot of the computer?

7. ZeuZ

ZeuZ Private E-2

Unfortunately I dont atm. Hopefully soon though. I've had some rare pc hardware problems in the past but this one takes the cake lol.

8. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

there have been, in the past, some rare occasions when different hardware components don't play well with eachother, and it's always hard to figure it out. The nvidia 8800gt's usually have a lifetime warranty. maybe it's time to rma the video card.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds