packard bell sound driver issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by razoric, Jul 11, 2011.

1. razoric

razoric Private E-2

Hi, and thanks for reading.

My laptop recently went bang, and so my bro gave me his old desktop to tide me over unill i fix, or buy a new one. It is a packard i-xtreme with 2.60ghz cpu, and 80gb hard drive. I can't seem to establish exactly which model it is from this info, and the current driver support page doesn't recorgnise the serial no, as it was made before 2008. I have attached my report from everest, and my reading of it is that i require realtek ac97 driver, but every time i try and install this, it gets 3/4 of the way through, and just restarts the pc (no hangging, just straight to black screen, then ram test) I just re-installed win xp again as i thought this may have been the problem, but the same thing happens. I have updated windows as suggested on PB's support site, but no joy. Please can anyone suggest something?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

The driver which you need is this

SiS7012 Audio Driver
    File Name a12112d.zip
    Version v 1.12d
    Release Date 2005-06-09

you must download from this site

http://w3.sis.com/download/agreement.php?url=/download/

click to : i accept to the above - i agree - select operation system in first step - select audio driver in second step - select SIS7012 in third step - push the go choice and the driver is there , welcome !! :wave

3. razoric

razoric Private E-2

many thanks :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds