Halo: Stuttering

Discussion in 'Software' started by Triaxx2, May 31, 2006.

1. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

Last Wednesday, I bought a copy of the computer version of Halo. Upon playing it, I noticed that a few seconds after passing a checkpoint, the game will stutter, sound, and video will jump for a moment, and while it doesn't bother anything at lower difficulty levels, I'm hoping to be able to correct it.

System stats:
    Radeon 9600 128MB
    1.3Ghz AMD Duron
    1GB Ram
    Win 98SE

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Sadly, Halo is a buggy game at the best of times. It was ported from XBox, and it can be demanding and problematic.

Even though it's an older game, your processor is also a bit under powered.

What resolution are you playing it at?

Have you installed the latest patches? etc etc

3. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

1280x1024. I haven't installed any patches, because they all seem to be for correcting multiplayer problems. I'll have to dig through and see if any of them address my problem though. Most of the time when I buy games, they're the compilations so the patches and expansions are all included. It's been a while since I've had to patch a game.

4. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Try turning the resolution down (and detail) and see if the problem persists.

5. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

I finally bought it about 2 months ago and was surprised how poorly it ran for me. I don't have a great system but have not had issues with games like HL2, Doom or Quake 4. Turning everything sown like Insomniac mentioned just makes it playable.

6. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

I've tried playing it at minimal settings. But the problem persists, and it runs fine any other time. If I just have to deal with it, I can. Thanks guys.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds