Problem with Realtek HD Audio drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by drakon, Aug 30, 2008.

1. drakon

drakon Private E-2

Hi, I have problem with Problem with Realtek HD Audio drivers
    My MB is ECS RC410-M LGA775. Win XP SP2.I downloaded and installed tons of diferent driver but with no luck - no sound. I can see the Realtek HD Audio Manager but no sound at all. Please help

2. srinireliance

srinireliance Private E-2

3. drakon

drakon Private E-2

thanks for the link.I tried but still no sound

4. srinireliance

srinireliance Private E-2

5. drakon

drakon Private E-2

I tried - I can see the Realtek HD Audio Manager but no sound at all

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

In the Device Manager, what does it show under Sound, Video, and Game Controllers? Are there any question marks ? or exclamation points ! or red X's anywhere in the Device Manager?

7. yeomanrycavalry

yeomanrycavalry Private E-2

i am having a unique problem. my notebook HP Pavilion tx2510us model always pops and clicks when playing videos, audio, movies, cds, dvds and even through my bluetooth. At first i thought it was my speakers, itunes, realplayer, windows media player, but now i'm beginning to think it's the realtek audio chip itself. i've downloaded the latest everything from realtek, microsoft, hp, etc. and my system is up-to-date as i can get it. still all the multimedia files, cds/dvds, and even through internet streaming i get the pop and click during playback. Anybody have an idea what is going on?? HP in both tech support forums and through chat are absolutely clueless. Realtek seems to know there's a problem with their product in the HP Pavilion Notebooks but are not revealing much asking if i know the model number of the chip (which i don't) and HP is clueless to it. Don't really feel like voiding my warranty by opening my notebook up to look at the motherboard and attempt to find what i have no idea what it looks like. Dangerous.

Please help me, the popping and clicking is getting old and annoying. Driving me crazy.

Thx
    Arch

8. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

@ yeomanrycavalry: please start your own thread and do not tag your problems on to other user's threads. Doing this confuses the original thread creator and any advice that may follow will be confused also. Thank you.

9. drakon

drakon Private E-2

In the Device Manager everithing is perfect - no markx or exclamation points ot red X's.All the drivers are installed.I see the REALTEK HD AUDIO MANAGER and i can ajust all the settings but no sound.I even reinstalled the WInXP- no change - no sound again

10. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Make sure that you have the right speaker type chosen (stereo, 2.1, 5.1, 7.1)
    Also, make sure that that Speakers are chosen as default device. (not Digital)

And lastly, test that your speakers work and check that they are plugged in properly.
    You might try plugging in a set of headphones to check your sound, too.

11. drakon

drakon Private E-2

The speaker type is right
    How can I make sure that the speakers are chosen as default device?

And something else - i can hear only some noise from the speaker, but when I plug the microfont i can hear it:confused

12. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

You can set the Default in the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    If it is faded, that means it is already chosen as default. (You can check in Digital, which shouldn't be greyed, if Speakers are the Default)

Also, check in in Advanced to make sure the settings are correct.

Attached Files:

13. drakon

drakon Private E-2

My Realtek HD Audio Manager is different but the speakers are chosen as default device

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  14. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I just re-read all your posts.
    You say when you plug the microphone in, thay you can hear sound?
    From where the microphone?
    If so, check your jacks again.

Do you use Skype or anything similar?

15. drakon

drakon Private E-2

Yes when i plug in the microphone in the rear jack i can hear my voice from the speakers. But no other sound /music or anything else/ is comming out from the speakers

16. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Does the "Yes" mean you also use Skype?

17. yeomanrycavalry

yeomanrycavalry Private E-2

i posted it here to not create another thread since its related to realtek audio driver issues as the thread title indicates!! this is because some dolt will complain about if i did start another thread!! jesus christ can't win either way! rolleyes perhaps you should troll around and tell people to be more specific about their thread titles!

18. drakon

drakon Private E-2

no I didn't use skype

19. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Here at MG we prefer separate threads for each person and problem. It makes it easier and less confusing for the posters and and those replying.
    Also, a problem may seem the same but quite often has different solutions.'
    The only time you will have a negative response to a thread, is if you post duplicates in several forums here at the same time.

20. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I am on my way out and won't be back until later tomorrow. I'll take a deeper look into this then, unless dlb comes up with a solution.

BTW dlb, sorry about jumping in.:eek:

21. drakon

drakon Private E-2

Ok I got rid of WINXP and put Linux Ubuntu 8.04 - same problem - no sound! I guess the problem is not in the drivers - it's the hardware - am I right?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds