Mp3 Player No longer recognized

Discussion in 'Software' started by evilfantasy, Apr 8, 2008.

1. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

A Sandisk and an Insignia.

Recently neither me or my daughters Mp3 players are recognized or found by either of my media players. MediaMonkey or WMP. Everything was fine until a few weeks ago when suddenly neither player will sync. (not found) I see the players in My Computer and can open the folders.

The only way to transfer the music to them is to copy the songs to the music folder. This isn't a problem except it isn't the same because the library doesn't "see" the new tracks. They will play but no library listings so I can't select a certain album or list of tracks. I'm at the mercy of what is coming up next on the play list which may be anything as the library doesn't build itself correctly. They are always in random order.

How can I try to fix this. I tried reformatting the Mp3 players, re-enabling the autoplay option and reinstalling MediaMonkey. No go.

Windows XP Pro

Also Insignia is a pre-recognised <is that a word? brand with Media Monkey so there are adjustments already built into the media player, which makes this more puzzling.

2. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

Update.

I just re re-installed WMP11 (third time) and when I plugged in the Insignia player I got the new device prompt. WinPatrol then prompted me to allow a new auto start, Application Compatability Client Library. So whatever that is must have been what was missing.

The Mp3 player now shows up in Media Monkey as well.

Looks like it was the Application Compatibility Client Library. :dancer

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds