HI,I'm a newbie, if someone could please help!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by dragonfly0321, Jul 28, 2009.

1. dragonfly0321

dragonfly0321 Private E-2

Hi - I am trying to do the read and run... having trouble. I think it is because I have this "status.msi" error thingy that won't go away. It is giving me hell and I don't even know what it is or how to get rid of it. I tried to do a systems restore (Windows Vista) but it fails no matter what date I go back to. Can anyone please help?! Thank you in advance for taking the time to even read this.
    Katie (dragonfly032183@aol.com):cry

2. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

3. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks.
    A Google search suggests that it is the result of an incomplete installation.
    At least, that's what 4-5 places I looked at said.

4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hi and welcome :)

5. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG dragonfly0321 :wave YOu have come to the right place! I am sure the Geeks here will get you on the right track.... ;)

6. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

7. dragonfly0321

dragonfly0321 Private E-2

yes that is what I found also. I think it is linked to Adobe for some reason. However, I can't get rid of it. I tried to delete Adobe altogether and it won't go away. Do you know how? Thanks so much for replying I appreciate it.

8. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Hello, dragonfly, welcome to the MajorGeeks forums :wave

Yeah, I have some minor issues with Adobe, not as bad as yours, admittedly, but still.....Hope you resolve your problem quickly (knowing this lot you should) with the minimum of hassle. Good luck.

9. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Hello Dragonfly and welcome to MG hope you enjoy the forums, personally i think Adobe is becoming an absolute nightmare for everyone, i sometimes wonder if they are noticing that amount of flack they're getting within forums, everywhere you go in every forum there's always bad noise made about Adobe.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds