Found new hardware wizard doesn't work!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by potter2205, Jan 19, 2007.

1. potter2205

potter2205 Private E-2

Everytime i insert a piece of hardware which hasnt already been recognised ( the recognised peripherals were installed on the day of purchase) the wizard pops up and flicks backwards and forwards while searching for it between the previous and current screen. All i can do is click cancel and the hardware cannot be installed, most recebtly ipod and usb hub.

OS XP media center edition
    New laptop

Thanks in advance

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Welcome:)I cant offer advice on the problem with the hardware wizard but by far the easiest way IMO to install a new peice of hardware is to first intall the disk that came with the peripheral, restart the computer,then when the new device is connected the drivers and software are already loaded and the computer finds them instantly

Also check your usb drivers are up to date,this can be done by checking the manufacturer of your computers site:)

3. potter2205

potter2205 Private E-2

I will check the drivers are up to date.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds