CD & DVD Not Playing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Anon-9aee479f8f, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

When I insert a CD or a DVD my CDRom/DVD does nothing.
    I checked Device manager and it has a yellow icon.
    If I click on troubleshoot it says: "Windows cannot open Help and Support because a service is not running. To fix this problem start the service named 'Help and Support'."
    When I try to open Help and Support I get the same message.
    If I try to update the driver it says it is already running the best one.
    I have tried the Properties the Volume is all the way to Low. I move it over and and checked "Enable digital CD audio for this CD-Rom device. It goes right back when I close out of Properties.

What now?
    Thanks for any help you can offer;

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  2. Anon-9aee479f8f

I should of ask how do I get rid of the yellow icon showing up in Device Manager by the CDRom/DVD. I am assuming that would be my first step.
    I also tried the CD that came with the PC for drivers and it did not recognize that a CD was in the CD drive.

3. Anon-9aee479f8f

I fixed it by running a program I found on Technet.com Microsoft Fix it Blog called Delete Lower & Upper Filters For CD Devices Fix. I rebooted and it was fixed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds