Playing DVD's

Discussion in 'Software' started by iloveecc, Feb 7, 2005.

1. iloveecc

iloveecc Private E-2

Hi there,

I've got big problems. I can't seem to play DVD's on my Samsung Notebook. I thought this was a hardware problem but have just got a totally new drive installed under warranty and the problem persists! I now believe this is a software problem. I have managed to get one title working but it was jerky and very slow to load.

I have previously played DVD's and they were from various reigons. I now know that this is a big no no. The new drive still has all five changes remaining and I have only been attempting my zone since getting it back (Zone 4). I use PowerDVD and have just upgraded to the trial version of 6.0. What can I try? I run XP Home O/S.

Any help and/or advice is appreciated, Cheers.

2. iloveecc

iloveecc Private E-2

Oh, and the other thing is that when I put in a DVD and try to play it - the player will always just go to "Not Responding" in the Task Manager!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds