Dial up problem (juno)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Thanatoid, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Thanatoid

Thanatoid Private E-2

Ok, so I haven't used dial up in a while, and my neighbors (really) can't get their new laptop to connect. Since they are virtually comp illiterate, they consider me an expert. I like them, but haven't been able to solve the following problem.

It's an HP running Win XP. They use Juno, which will only provide tech support at $2 a minute.

I downloaded their offline help file and went through everything there, but nothing applied to the specific problem they are having.

I went through the connection wizard and made sure the numbers were correct. When trying to connect, the first number is dialed and it says that the connection was successful. Then, however, it tries to dial the other number, and continues to do this. There is no internet connection at this time. Disabling one of the numbers results in juno claiming a successful connection, but no real connectivity. I tried, as suggested by the help file, uninstalling and reinstalling juno, but same result. It is Juno 7.0, by the way.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. klva80

klva80 Private E-2

have you tried making a manual conection instead of the software they provided

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds