Exchange Server 2003 SP2 question

Discussion in 'Software' started by locqui, Nov 21, 2005.

1. locqui

locqui Private E-2

I know that the new SP2 is supposed to increase the DB size limit from 16 to 75 GB. does anyone know HOW to enable this increase? MS says tha the default is 18GB after installation, but i cannot for the life of me find anything on the support website or in my system manger to support this claim.

thanks,
    locqui

2. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

Seems there is no GUI way of exceeding the 18 GB limit, but according to this newsgroup post it can be done with some registry entries:

Google Groups: Increasing the Exchange sp2 storage limit

3. jcdizon103178

jcdizon103178 Private E-2

Hi. We are using MS Exchange Server 2003 running on POP3 Clients. Our current DB size is 33GB (31GB .STM file and 2GB .EDB file).

Question: How do we reduce our database size especially the .STM file?

We did delete unnecessary emails on every users mailboxes, delete unnecessary users mailbox on the store, and do also offline defragmentation.

But after offline defragmentation, database size seems untouched and result to the same size as before.

Is there anything I missed to perform to fully reduce our exchange database size?

any help would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks,
    - James

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds