Windows themes...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ACE 256, Dec 27, 2005.

1. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

I need a bit of help with a theme im using.....is thare any way to change the white back ground ?? or change the color of the scroll bars ?? It just seems that the blue and white just dont match well with every thing else...

Attached Files:

• the.JPG
      the.JPG
      File size:
      97.2 KB
      Views:
  2. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Do you mean the theme in FF or the theme in XP?

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

I know within IE I can browse majorgeeks.com and see the scroll bar has a green motif. But within FF, it doesn't have this feature.

From a quick google search, this is an IE only thing.

A quick bugzilla search came up with:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=77790

Hope this helps....

4. ACE 256

I got it with some help from Mr_flea :) .....It the first windows theme iv made / used ....i always used the old "win98" look..... what ya think ?? ....

Attached Files:

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

Using this method, does the toolbar colorisation work within Firefox. From the initial pic, I was thinking you had a FF issue.

What did you do, to change the scrollbar color? --- For future reference....

6. ACE 256

I used ResHacker to change the scroll bar and buttons/tabs....im still fine tuning it.... i still have blueish buttons here and thare....i just got done with my nice looking proggress bars :)....oh and thares no FF skinning ......

Attached Files:

7. British TV Nut

British TV Nut Corporal

When you've got your themes ready, I know I'd love to use that on my PC. I think it's very nice! :)

8. ACE 256

You can get it here ....... You first need to run "UXTheme_Multi_Patcher__Neowin_Edition__2.0.exe" and read carfully to its instructions then put "MINE.msstyles" in your windows/resorces/themes directory along with both of the folders. The run MINE.msstyles....and load "mine.theme" in the themes tab.....youl half to load the mouse pointers manualy ( thare just the golden era pointers form win 98 :D ). Any one know of a way to edit .cur or .ani ( mouse curser ) files ?? Id like to take out the blue and make them a bit grayer to match the theme.... I think i have every thing done on it ( all but the mouse pointers )....

9. ACE 256

My theme in all its glory :D....[​IMG]

10. ACE 256

ok im done with the mouse icons :D ....and thanks to Mr_flea for hosting :).....

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds