windows fax + picture viewer

Discussion in 'Software' started by foreverboro, Jan 13, 2004.

1. foreverboro

foreverboro Private E-2

how do i stop windows (xp)from automatically saving pictures that i view ?
    cheers...paul

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

A little more info on what you mean by saving pictures you view will help?

plus what pictures is XP saving and where are they getting saved? ( BY that I mean where are they coming from CDs your HD or the NET )

and Welcome to MGs :)

3. foreverboro

foreverboro Private E-2

pictures i view,but also title banners/or part of titles etc
    only from the net?
    pictures i choose to save go into my saved pictures folder?

4. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

Are you finding these (by any chance) in a Temporary Internet Files folder?

5. foreverboro

foreverboro Private E-2

possibly?

if i click on a thumbnail to view it,it sets up as windows picture/fax viewer?
    if i use left/right arrows on the picture viewer there are pictures/title banners etc.which seem to have stored/saved automatically
    how do i stop these pictures saving?
    regards...paul

6. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

Well, first of all, I'm going to assume that you're using Internet Explorer as your browser.
    Second, I'm going to suggest that you don't WANT it to stop saving those things: they're in its CACHE and the cache is a useful thing *while you're surfing*. What you want it to do is dump those things when you close the browser, so they aren't on your hard drive any more.
    Third, here's how: Open Internet Explorer, clcik Tools in the menu bar, and under that choose Internet Options. Click the Advanced tab on the panels you'll see. Scroll way down until you see an item that says "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed." Check that, click Apply and OK and close Internet Explorer, and those files will not be saved any more.

7. foreverboro

foreverboro Private E-2

thanks for your help..i will try it and let you know how i get on.. :)

regards........

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds