Computer Just Shuts Down

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SteveG05, Jan 19, 2006.

1. SteveG05

SteveG05 Private E-2

Well i am back again i thought my computer was fixed but it really wasn't. My mom blew a breaker in the house which reset all of my BIOS setting and now i am having problems again. I sent it inot asus to fix it but all they said was the BIOS was messed up. I don't remember any of the settings that my friend changed to get it to work. I don't like chaning the settings like he did because one of the main changes was core volts. This makes my CPU run even hotter and i don't like that.

Heres what happens. My computer will boot up just fine. It will load windows just fine and i can log in. as soon as i try to play a game it shutsdown. It does not lock up but is just shutsdown as if some one had pulled the power cable out from the back. Like i said i have had the MOBO sent into the shop. The Power Supply has also been into the shop. And i also had the Graphics card into the shop is was making noise. I have taken the RAM from my computer and put it into another friends computer. The RAM works fine and it is compatable with my MOBO. I know it is only value RAM but my friend runs value RAM in his but his is CORSAIR and his works just fine. I had the same problem with a IDE HD so i am pritty sure that it is not the HDs.

what i have is
    1x AMD XP Barton 3200+
    1x ASUS A7V880
    2x KVR400X64C3A
    2x Wester Digital WD250JD
    1x NEC CD/DVD burner
    1X Sony Floppy Drive

I have been doing some research alot and the only thing i can find out was maybe it is not a true AMD XP Barton 3200+

PLEASE GET BACK TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

i have been with out my computer for 2 weeks now and if i have to send it in then there goes another 2 weeks. If the MOBO is junk then i can start ordering my new computer parts and just get it over.

2. Prophets21

Prophets21 Staff Sergeant

What is the temperature of your CPU? You can check this in your BIOS.

Also, make sure your graphics aperture size is the same as or half of the total amount of RAM on your gfx card. This setting can also be found in the BIOS.

3. SteveG05

SteveG05 Private E-2

ya i have no idea what u are talkign about with the graphics card.

ok now i have an older computer up stairs. This computer is a AMD 2600+ with a ASUS A7N8X-LA MOBO.
    (i tried to find info on it but i think it is Obsolete). anyways i put my new CPU into and it runs at the same FSB but the multiplier is at 11x instead of 12.5 and the CORE speed runes at 1830 Mhz (the 2600+ runs at 2080 Mhz) the MOBO also says my CPU is a 2500+.=

no i know i may not know every thing but even if this MOBO is old should my NEW CPU at least run as a 2600+. If i put the old 2600+ into my new computer i can do every thign and it does not lock up. I forgot to try to play some games with the new CPU in my old computer to see if it wors. I will try that later. Thanks for you quick responses so far i hope maybe i can get this problem solved soon.

i also put that graphics card and CPU into my old computer while my MOBO was shipped off and they worked perfect

4. SteveG05

SteveG05 Private E-2

oh ya with the temp when it was running and not crashing the temp was around 150F but that was because the COREVOLTS were running aroung 1.85

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds