Cannot connect to internet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mistyk1313, Jul 4, 2008.

1. mistyk1313

mistyk1313 Private E-2

I recently switched ISP from Sympatico to Cogeco.

The tech came in hooked up the line (which connected on his laptop), tried to connect with mine and got "page cannot be loaded". I can connect my PS2 and PS3 and play online games but my PC still will not connect.

Cogeco rep has told me it is probably the Sympatico software but they will not remove it. I have checked both Program Files folder as well as Add/Remove Programs to get rid of this software but cannot locate it under the Sympatico name.

I am running Windows XP and using a Linksys router to connect both gaming and the PC.

Can anyone help?

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

3. jeffthecarpenterdude

jeffthecarpenterdude Private E-2

Have you tried using "search" to locate that program? Also, try pinging your router from your P.C. it may not be communicating to the router, Linksys has a help page that will show you how (I think it's something like start>run enter cmd enter ping 192.168.1.1) but check it out with the Linksys site first.Worse case band-aid for now would be to connect your P.C. to your router with a
    10/100 ethernet adapter so you wont loose your speed. good luck, let me know how you make out

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds